heARTS for Healing is a creative outlet for veterans that suffer from anxiety, PTSD, mental issues, physical concerns, stress, and other related issues. It is a way for them to take their mind and focus on something else besides the side effects left from war. Our mission is to show our veterans, military members, caregivers, families and others in need of an outlet that can help them focus on creativity and using the imagination to create a masterpiece, or help them tell their stories using different artistic methods. Art therapy is considered by many as a mind-body connection that can influence physiological and psychological symptoms.
We will be teaching different mediums of art along with other activities each month. All of our instructors are volunteers in the arts or specialized in the class they will be teaching. We will have classes each month for veterans, military members, caregivers, families and others who need our classes. Every six months we will have art shows or displays of the finished pieces to view or to purchase from them. We want to be able to offer these classes to veterans, military members, caregivers, families and others free of charge.
We have expanded what we are doing! We have added yoga, mindfulness, nutrition-meal planning classes, creative writing workshops, retreats for caregivers, fishing, and horse care. We are excited to announce that will be at VA and VA Whole Health starting April 2020. We hope to expand in 2020 to all that need art therapy.
heARTS for Healing is a non-profit organization that promotes art classes at no cost to our veterans, military members, caregivers, families and others. Our mission is to advance the arts in health care, healing, and well-being for veterans, military members, caregivers, families and others.
Working across military, government, private and non-profit sectors, the goals of the National Initiative are to:
- Raise visibility, understanding, and support of arts and health in the military;
- Advance the policy, practice, and quality use of arts and creativity as tools for health in the military; and
- Make the arts available to all active duty military, staff, family members, veterans, and others as a tool to improve health and well-being.
- Every man and woman that has ever served our country is eligible for the art classes.
- Wounded warriors and their families have an added financial burden which is why we offer no cost art classes.
- Art therapy classes offer veterans the ability to interact with art instructors, witness their own creative side and exercise the power of rehabilitation.
- Classes are intended to reunite veterans with their peers, away from hospitals and the battlefield, in a peaceful environment.
- Every veteran is given the opportunity to discover their talents.
- After a series of classes, veterans will leave with encouragement, hopefulness, inspiration and a sense of peace as well as self-satisfaction.
Please check our Facebook and website for all our classes.
If you would like to volunteer and/or want to teach an art class, please contact us!
Our website: https://www.heartsforhealingmidwest.com/
“Making A Difference Through Healing Art”